Trade Log

About Me

My Photo





I was trading for 2 years, and gave up after what it seemed like the world was just stopping me from winning!

I'm now revisiting my goal of making money from the E-mini market with a starting capital of $3,000.

Please know that I am not attempting to teach anything nor sell anything here. Trading is risky business. It's a common believe that 80-90% of traders lose money

Labels

Try This Card Game!

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I got this game idea by recently reading the book called Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom by Dr. Van K Tharp (in my Great Stuff list). I thought it was an interesting bit, and would be fun to really experience what the author was saying. I learnt something profound and real by playing. I thought you might want to try it too!

Here's what you need to get started:

  1. A friend / partner
  2. A deck of cards (randomly pick 6 black cards and 4 red cards)
  3. A calculator (the bigger the better)
  4. A watch (to time yourselves, if needed)

So, this game is a "Who Can Make The Most Profit!" competition between you and your friend. And the odds of winning is 60%!

Setup:
  1. Take turns being "The Player" and "The Dealer"
  2. You each get to play for 10 minutes per turn (or 100 bets if you prefer)
  3. The Player starts every turn with fresh money! So punch a cool $100 it into that calculator

How to Play:
  1. The Dealer starts by shuffling/jumbling/spreading out the 10 cards
  2. The Player then calls out the amount he/she wants to bet
  3. The Player then picks a card
  4. If a black card is picked, the bet amount is won
  5. If a red card is picked, the bet amount is lost
  6. The gain or loss is then added/subtracted on the calculator
  7. Repeat from step 1 until 10 minutes or 100 bets are up, or if you go bankrupt!

Then you switch roles to play after that. Now go ahead and try it!

I did a best of 3 and I won! ;D Haha..

I'd love to hear how it went for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment