Trade Log

About Me

My Photo





I was trading for 2 years, and gave up after what it seemed like the world was just stopping me from winning!

I'm now revisiting my goal of making money from the E-mini market with a starting capital of $3,000.

Please know that I am not attempting to teach anything nor sell anything here. Trading is risky business. It's a common believe that 80-90% of traders lose money

Labels

Week 1: Day 2

Wednesday, August 5, 2009


Week 1: Day 2, originally uploaded by 10k10weeks.

The S&P finishes at day high of 1005.00 points!

Wow! The bulls rule despite many thinking the early run up was just a rally in a bear market. However, I was long baised for much of the day.

I'd say this was a a good day for my new strategy, but I just didn't do my job right. Made an error trade yet again.. still getting myself used to executing the strategy.

But the worst part was missing the big runner in the last moments of the day. It was a bumper 7.5 pointer ($375)! And the reason? I was trying to save a tick and didnt get my order filled!

I have heard from many gurus and read from many good books that the entry should be the least of my concerns. Yet, here I am, guilty as charged again for trying to beat my system's entry prices. If I'd keep doing it, in the long run my actual performance will not live up to the expectancy numbers calculated in my backtests. And that wouldn't be any good.

Moving forward, I'll have this be my last of such mistakes.

So, we're up for the day with just $37.50.

0 comments:

Post a Comment