Trade Log

About Me

My Photo





I was trading for 2 years, and gave up after what it seemed like the world was just stopping me from winning!

I'm now revisiting my goal of making money from the E-mini market with a starting capital of $3,000.

Please know that I am not attempting to teach anything nor sell anything here. Trading is risky business. It's a common believe that 80-90% of traders lose money

Labels

Week 2: Summary

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Time flies!

I am already 20% into my 10 week timeline. Basically, after Week 1, I told myself I would implement these things:

  1. Pull the trigger everytime I see a signal.
  2. Stop trading once a big move occurs (about 7-10 point move), or if I have made the equivalent for the day.

I think I have improved on those things, but it could definitely have been better (refer to my missed trade on Friday! Ouch..)

Here are some stats I've pulled out off this week's trade logs:
  • Largest losing streak = $175.00
  • Largest winning streak = $625.00
  • Largest loser = $100.00
  • Largest winner = $350.00
  • Number of trades made = 7
  • Weekly P/L = +$862.50

I think the numbers reflect that its a strategy with low risk for reasonable returns, which is what I have intended it to be. Now to see if I can increase the my expectancy for next week.

For next week, there are two things that I'd immediately like to improve on:

  1. Pulling the trigger. I need to find it in me to be ruthless.
  2. Profit taking. It is possible that I can squeeze out more from my two lots.

I have to quickly improve and keep the numbers coming in, otherwise, I won't hit my target on time. All in all, Week 2 was a good one for me.

Have a good weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment